Another month of work, and it was time to head back to Thailand and collect Planey from the Thai Flying Club at Bang Phra. The next leg of the trip would, building on lessons from section 2, be flown at a slightly slower pace with shorter legs and longer stops to relax and enjoy the locations I visited. The first section would be spent exploring Thailand and Laos a little together with Elsa, before continuing solo from Bangkok, through Malaysia and down to Singapore. From there, I’d collect my regular flying companion Juvy who’d accompany me through Indonesia to Lombok, before a final few flights solo to get all the way to and across Australia.
The day by day write-up of the SE Asia section of the trip can be found below.
- SE Asia, Days 1 – 3: Bang Phra to Chiang Mai, Thailand
- SE Asia, Days 4 – 6: Chiang Mai, Thailand to Luang Prabang, Laos
- SE Asia, Days 7 and 8: Luang Prabang, Laos to Bangkok, Thailand
- SE Asia, Days 9 and 10: Bangkok, Thailand to Langkawi, Malaysia
- SE Asia, Days 11 and 12: Langkawi to Malacca, Malaysia
- SE Asia, Days 13 – 15: Malacca, Malaysia to Singapore
- SE Asia, Days 16 – 18: Singapore to Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- SE Asia, Days 19 – 21: Yogyakarta to Lombok, Indonesia
- SE Asia, Days 22 – 24: Lombok, Indonesia to Maitland, Australia