- General Aviation Support Egypt – Friendly, helpful and great value provision of world-wide full service assistance for international GA, from permits through fuel and handling to accommodation and on-ground activities!
- White Rose Aviation – Quick and professional provision of flight permits.
- Wings over Asia – Singapore-based flight support, for south-east Asia.
- MAK General Aviation Services – GA support in Russia
- IndoAsia Ground Services – GA support in Indonesia
- Aerotech FMS – GA support for India
- skyvector.com – website with worldwide navigation and weather info, and flight planning features
- Autorouter – Europe-focused tool for generating valid IFR routes and filing flight plans
- earthrounders – site cataloguing round-the-world flights
- ICAO Flight Plan information – FAA site covering how to fill in the ICAO format flight plan.
- FAA NOTAM look-up site – Best used for looking up airport NOTAMs worldwide.
- FAA guide to ICAO flight plans – How to fill in an ICAO flight plan
- AOPA.org – good information on international flight between the US and its neighbours (as well as trans-Atlantic trip planning)
- RAF Airfield Guide – Recreational Aviation Foundation guide to unpaved airstrips in the US
- IFIS – flight planning service from Airways New Zealand
- NZ Good Aviation Practice – excellent booklets from the NZ CAA
- AirNav – detailed airport data for the USA
- Fun Places to Fly – destination finder for the USA
- Recreational Aviation Foundation – airstrip finder for the USA
- AOPA NZ – Membership required, includes a list of private airstrips in NZ
- Australia Country Airstrips – also available within the AvPlan and OzRunways EFBs.
- SkyDemon – a VFR-focused EFB software, with great coverage of Europe as well as Turkey and some of Africa.
- AvPlan – Australia and New Zealand focused EFB, also supports USA.
- OzRunways – Australia and New Zealand focused EFB.
- Garmin Pilot – EFB with a full selection of IFR and VFR information, and good international coverage.
- Foreflight – Apple-only EFB with a full selection of IFR and VFR information, and good international coverage.
- windy.tv – worldwide weather info including winds, cloud bases, precipitation
- morrwx.com – TAFs and METARs delivered via Garmin InReach
Training and Survival
- Bush Air – Advanced bush and mountain flight training by CC Pocock
- equipped.org – Doug Ritter’s Aviation Survival site
- Survival Systems – Connecticut based ditching and sea survival training
- SOS Survival Training – Wilderness Survival trainers near Auckland, New Zealand
Aircraft equipment and pilot supplies
- AvionicsSource – Excellent store for purchase of all kinds of avionics
- Aircraft Spruce North America – wide variety of aviation equipment, both pilot supplies and aircraft parts/tools
- Aircraft Spruce Europe – as above, but for Europe
- Garmin inReach – Satellite communicator that works worldwide
- FlyingBoats – converter that displays AIS marine traffic in Foreflight. Great for ocean crossings.
- Northpoint – STC holders for popular XP470 (previously PPonk) engine for the Cessna 182
- Knots2U – Aftermarket, improved aircraft and airframe parts, often composite.
- Stene Aviation – STOL kits, composite airframe parts, and LED wingtips
- Flint Aero – Auxiliary wing tip tanks for Cessnas
- Bruce’s Custom Covers – A huge variety of high quality, custom aircraft covers, plugs and more
- Affordable Aviation – vent plugs for a wide variety of GA aircraft to keep out water and bugs
- Winslow Life Rafts – my preferred life raft brand
- Switlik – excellent aviation life jackets
- HEED 3 – emergency air bottle for ditching scenarios
- The Claw – my preferred tie-down system
- Liquid Containment Bag – flexible fuel container for AVGAS from Airframes Alaska
- Turtle-Pac – flexible ferry fuel tanks in various capacities
- Savvy Aviation – Professional maintenance management, consulting, 24 hour breakdown support and engine data analysis.
Aviation discussion forums
- Pilots of America – US-centric, and very active, flying forum.
- Flyer Forums – UK based, UK & EU centric forum, mostly VFR kind of flying.
- Beechtalk – Not just for Beech products, this is a hugely active and knowledgeable GA forum.
- EuroGA – IFR-focused, EU themed forum, with a lot of international knowledge.
- AvCanada – Not as active as the others, but with good Canada info.