The flight around the world will be split into six sections, carried out across six periods of around 24 days at a time. This is due to my working pattern of 28 days on, 28 days off! The map below shows the overall route, with the latest state of development. As each leg draws closer, and the plans further evolve, the map will be updated accordingly.
The planned sections will break down as follows:
- Section 1: Pittsburgh, PA, USA to Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Section 2: Rotterdam, Netherlands to Pattaya, Thailand
- Section 3: Pattaya, Thailand to Sydney, Australia
- Section 4: Around Australia
- Section 5: Around New Zealand
- Section 6: Auckland, New Zealand to Pittsburgh, PA, USA